Analysis Ready Data is the fuel driving powerful new geospatial insights and global collaborations


What is CARD4L Analysis Ready Data?

Analysis Ready Data (ARD) is the result of converting satellite image pixels into highly-accurate interoperable scientific measurements. This allows for immediate analysis with minimal additional processing. 

Value of Analysis Ready Data

Analysis Ready Data (ARD) products are primed for use in scientific analysis, time series analysis, machine learning, and AI models.

By converting your satellite imagery to ARD products, you are creating a valuable new commodity that is immediately consumable and comparable.

Analysis Ready Data


Creating Analysis Ready Data consists of multiple preprocessing stages to correct geometry, normalize radiometry, fuse imagery, and properly package the product.  This provides surface NBAR measurements that are immediately available to analyze with other ARD sources, platforms, and repositories.

Step 1

Geometric Correction

A minimum acceptable geometric accuracy is a crucial requirement when creating Analysis Ready Data (ARD). Our orthorectification and alignment capabilities have been tested to 1/10th of a pixel accuracy. This precision reduces false positives that skew analysis and require costly manual intervention. 

Step 1

Radiometric Normalization

Radiometric normalization processes offered by the CATALYST platform include topographic normalization, spectral pre-classification and cross sensor regression methods to generate high quality ARD products.


Image Fusion

With CATALYST's innovative new image fusion technology you can now generate ARD imagery at even higher resolutions by using our Multi-Resolution Analysis (MRA) algorithm. MRA fusion creates pansharpened images that preserve the spectral integrity, ideal for higher resolution analysis.


ARD Product Packaging

CARD4L compliant imagery follows very strict packaging specifications around things like image formatting, metadata content and encoding, accuracy assessments, and product grading. By generating ARD products that are compliant to the CARD4L requirements for packaging, you are helping to future-proof your investment and ensure inter-operability with other CARD4L products.

Step 5

Collaboration & Analysis

With Analysis Ready Data you can automate your data pipeline and promote reliable, repeatable, and relatable products for future-forward applications, such as continuous land cover monitoring, predictive analytics, time series analysis, and more.

Step 5

Who is it for?

ARD for Governments

Many governments have decades of satellite images sitting in archives. Bring these archives to life by transforming them into Analysis Ready Data (ARD), and contribute new valuable information and data services to your country, and international partners.

ARD for Satellite Image Providers

Help your customers tap into the full potential of your satellite imagery by providing them with standardized data that is ready for immediate analysis.

Why Catalyst for ARD?

Automation = Saving

It is a common saying in data sciences that you spend 80% of your time and costs preparing data for analysis, leaving only 20% of the time for actual analysis. How much is it worth to change that?

Future-proof your investment

Many companies are promoting ARD today, but can they deliver to the CARD4L standards? If not, the investment you make to create ARD imagery is at risk of being a sunken cost.

Highest resolution ARD product

Most ARD workflows and products created today are based on the lower resolution multispectral image. Catalyst creates ARD imagery from the highest resolution possible, pansharpened imagery.

Create ARD imagery with CATALYST Enterprise

Thoroughly tested and scalable automated workflows to create CARD4L compliant ARD image products that reduce risk and cost  

Talk to us about ARD

Speak with us to learn how CATALYST can help you transform your imagery into Analysis Ready Data.