Toronto, ON or Gatineau, QC
Sales & Marketing
Reporting to the Customer Success Manager, the Technical Solutions Specialist will be an integral member of the Sales and Marketing team, working with Executive and Sales by assisting in the generation of revenue by demonstrating the high-value CATALYST products and services, delivering complex solutions to real-world problems, and ultimately helping customers be successful.
This is done by generating high quality demonstration material, providing technical assistance and consultation, producing, and delivering training material, and working through proof-of-concept projects.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
- Creates and delivers technical components of sales presentations to potential customers.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, conceives and executes proof- of- concept projects that show unique capabilities (value proposition) of CATALYST products to clients.
- Works through customer data to show that CATALYST products meet customers’ previously specified requirements. (this may be done through travels to customer sites or online)
- Demonstrates products, assists sales staff, executes and/or assists in the execution of workshops at trade shows and other industry, client, or partner events.
- Build knowledge of territories, resellers, prospects & customers – and build essential relationships thereby assisting the team in building relationship with customers & prospects in each region.
- Troubleshoots and does real-time problem solving.
- Participates in writing proposals, responding to RFP’s and submitting unsolicited proposals.
- Collaborate with the science teams to build on their existing expertise in the use of CATALYST products and technology to solve unique and complex market problems.
- Generates high quality demonstration content for use in a variety of communications outlets (presentations, videos, whitepapers, articles, etc…) in support of sales and marketing activities.
- Provides feedback to the development team on product capabilities and shortcomings vis-à-vis customer expectations.
- Provides design advice and technical guidance to customers relating to custom applications based on CATALYST tools and services.
- Supports and enhances the company-to-client relationship by providing technical advice and assistance.
- Provide ongoing training to Sales team on CATALYST products and technology used in the products.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using remote sensing techniques for satellite and aerial image processing.
- Significant CATALYST (PCI) software knowledge/experience including the ability to use the tools to solve complex, real-world problems.
- Significant experience with the Python scripting language and development of automated workflows
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity via verbal and written communications.
- Has a passion for customer success.
- Is dynamic and confident.
- Is comfortable interacting directly with customers and potential customers.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and cross functionally throughout the organization
- Is self-sufficient and can perform necessary tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understands selling strategies, including “needs satisfaction selling”.
- Can build compelling demonstrations that resonate with different audiences – from the C-Level executive to the technical buyer/influencer.
- Is able to demonstrate products virtually.
- Experience in technical sales support of complex solutions involving long sales cycles (1-2 years).
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments (CentOS)
- Speaks, reads and writes English fluently.
- Fluency in a second language (French, Spanish) is an asset.
- Ability to occasionally adjust working hours to provide support to international customers.
- International travel may be required.
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a combination of education/training in a Geomatics related field.
- Knowledge of a broad range of GIS/Image processing software packages.
- 3-5 years related experience.
- If you require special accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in the message section.
- Your resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format with a max size of 10MB per document
- Name your resume and cover letter with the following formats
- Cover letter filename example: Jane_Doe_cover.pdf
- Resume filename example: Jane_Doe_resume.pdf
PCI Geomatics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, family status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.