PCI Geomatics Markham or Gatineau
CATALYST – Earth data, simplified. We make actionable earth observation intelligence available to decision makers that seek to ensure a sustainable and manageable planet.
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist who will provide mission critical support to customers, thereby adding value to the entire organization. The role is expected to provide proactive and responsive technical support to resolve product functionality issues.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
- With other Customer Success team members manage the incoming customer service requests and respond to customers in a timely fashion
- Respond to customer queries regarding simple to moderately complex software problems. Determine the nature and likely causes of the problem and recommend corrective action.
- Troubleshoot simple to moderately complex licensing and installation issues on both Windows and Linux platforms; determine the most likely cause of issues and recommend corrective action.
- Follow-up with customers as required to ensure problems are resolved or recommend alternate workflows to ensure customer satisfaction.
- When required, liaise with product specialists in other departments to obtain answers to urgent or complex problems.
- Remotely login into customer computers to resolve licensing and installation issues.
- Make recommendations regarding technical support procedures, product improvements and other steps to reduce the incidence of help calls and better ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Includes suggestions to Management about the Case Management workflow
- Recommend changes to Management with respect to the Order Fulfillment workflow
- With the Product Marketing team, create material for posting in the Knowledge Centre of the Catalyst website, including FAQs, specifications, and tutorials.
- Assist development team when possible, by testing functionality of products and reporting results.
- Provides feedback to the development team on product capabilities and shortcomings vis-à-vis customer interactions.
- Become proficient in the use of Catalyst products and technology with the goal of helping users solve problems.
- Education / Experience:
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or a combination of education/training in a Geomatics related field.
- 1 – 3 years experience in Geomatics industry (or a combination of education, training and experience in this area)
- Experience working in a Linux environment an asset
- Other Geomatics software knowledge/experience such as QGIS, ArcGIS; Erdas Imagine; ENVI
- Key Atrtributes and Skills:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using remote sensing techniques for satellite and aerial image processing.
- Has the aptitude and educational background to understand the full breadth of Catalyst products and solutions.
- Customer service skills/knowledge
- Ability to communicate complex ideas with clarity via verbal and written communications.
- Has a passion for customer success.
- Is dynamic and confident.
- Is comfortable interacting directly with customers and potential customers.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and cross functionally throughout the organization
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating system
- Speaks, reads and writes English fluently.
- Fluency in a second language (French, Spanish) is an asset.
- Ability to occasionally adjust working hours to provide support to international customers.
- If you require special accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in the message section.
- Your resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format with a max size of 10MB per document
- Name your resume and cover letter with the following formats
- Cover letter filename example: Jane_Doe_cover.pdf
- Resume filename example: Jane_Doe_resume.pdf
PCI Geomatics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, family status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.