Markham, ON or Gatineau, QC
We are looking for a Ground Station Engineer to join our team and build industry leading
solutions that can convert level 0 signal captured and stored at ground stations into useable
imagery and supporting metadata. Your role as a Ground Station Engineer is to work with an
increasing number of satellite data providers who are operating optical, hyperspectral and
Synthetic Aperture Radar missions. You will play an integral role in adding support within
CATALYST’s technology stack to bring level 0 data to level 1 formats and above supporting
several emerging applications including multi-temporal analysis and the generation of valueadded products. You will create operational data processing pipelines that leverage CATALYST’s
deep science to generate Analysis Ready Data (ARD).
CATALYST – Earth data, simplified. We make actionable earth observation intelligence available to decision makers that seek to ensure a sustainable and manageable planet.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
- Apply best practices to suggest recommended solutions for building level 0 processing
pipelines (reading raw telemetry, generating synchronized frames, and writing out level
1 data with supporting ancillary information)
- Provide engineering services related to the ground segments communications
infrastructure in the following areas:
o Data reception, handling, and processing functional architecture.
- Provide specifications and technical statement of requirements
- Provide recommendations with costs to the definition, selection, and implementation of
a preferred option to process stored satellite signals into workable images and meta
- Participate in ground/space telecommunication system integration testing and
Ability to demonstrate at least 5 years within the last 10 years of:
o writing Project Technical Documentation (e.g., Statement of Work, Statement of
Requirements, technical specifications) for Information Management /
Information Technology (IM/IT) projects valued $1M or more
o performing engineering design, coding, testing or analysis for Satellite Ground
Station design and development, especially the decoding of signals to imagery
Educational requirements include:
o Electronic/ Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or Computer
Systems Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering Physics Degree
(Degree must be from a Canadian university) OR
o A non-Canadian Engineering Degree that must be accredited by one of the
following institutions: Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials,
World Education Services or University of Toronto Comparative Education
o Licensed as a Professional Engineer by any regulated body in Canada.
Working knowledge of Azure and AWS infrastructure as it applies to satellite Level 0
Working knowledge of microservices development
Ability to code the processing of satellite signals into workable imagery
Eligible to obtain a valid Secret level federal government clearance as well as access to
Controlled Goods Assessment.
- If you require special accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in the message section.
- Your resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format with a max size of 10MB per document
- Name your resume and cover letter with the following formats
- Cover letter filename example: Jane_Doe_cover.pdf
- Resume filename example: Jane_Doe_resume.pdf
PCI Geomatics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, family status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.