Markham, ON or Gatineau, QC
We are looking for a C++ developer who will work on a team to create geospatial and remote sensing software for multiple platforms including desktop, server (Windows and Linux) and Cloud (multiple providers).
CATALYST – Earth data, simplified. We make actionable earth observation intelligence available to decision makers that seek to ensure a sustainable and manageable planet.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
- Work with product owners and scientists to solve complex optical imagery problems from satellites and UAVs (unmanned airborne vehicles)
- Experience and domain knowledge of geospatial and remote sensing technology
- Design/Build/Test complex programs that manipulate remote sensing imagery using C++ and Python
- Experience with parallel programming and multithreaded design
- Experience working in an agile environment with multiple teams
- Creative problem solver
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with web protocols and formats such as REST and JSON
- Analyze requirements and build creative, industry leading solutions
- Required Experience: 2+ years of professional development experience
- Must have technical skills:
- C++, knowledge of geospatial and remote sensing industry
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Ability to design, develop and implement DevOps tools and practices
- Nice to have technical skills:
- Python experience
- If you require special accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in the message section.
- Your resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format with a max size of 10MB per document
- Name your resume and cover letter with the following formats
- Cover letter filename example: Jane_Doe_cover.pdf
- Resume filename example: Jane_Doe_resume.pdf
PCI Geomatics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, family status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.