Markham, ON or Gatineau, QC
CATALYST – Earth data, simplified. We make actionable earth observation intelligence available to decision makers that seek to ensure a sustainable and manageable planet.
The Vice President, Marketing & Communications supports the President and CEO in executing the vision, strategy and plans of CATALYST and is a key member of the Executive Team providing leadership for the organization in all areas of marketing, communications and brand management.
Primary responsibilities include the leadership of the marketing, communication and brand strategies to generate and optimize software as a service (SaaS) revenue streams by increasing the awareness, commitment and engagement of prospects, clients, partners and employees.
This position will help shape CATALYST’s direction and will lead our efforts to develop and strengthen the brand’s position as the leader in earth intelligence solutions by ensuring our brand aligns with our vision and is integrated with the development, implementation and evaluation of CATALYST ‘s digital marketing and communication strategies both internally and externally.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the leadership team, the Vice President, Marketing & Communications will lead, mentor and support the work of vertical and cross functional team members, working closely with partners and resellers globally. This role is expected to lead and be willing to engage significantly in operational activities.
If at any point you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com
- Lead the planning, development, management, and evaluation of marketing initiatives to position CATALYST as the leader in its market segment, including:
- Direct and database marketing, digital/social/internet branding, solution positioning and marketing, collateral/support materials, website development and communications, and all forms of marketing presentations.
- Market and customer research, customer relationship management (CRM), competitive strategy, marketing communications, public relations and distribution strategies.
- Data mining: key consumer and competitive insights that will guide our marketing strategies.
- Drive lead generation with the implementation of effective in-bound and out-bound marketing processes including core CRM system.
- Recognize new market opportunities and influence product development priorities.
- Manage media strategy and direct media partners in the development, implementation, evaluation, and optimization of those strategies against target objectives.
Create and lead a cutting-edge communications strategy, including the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan to influence prospects, clients, and partners throughout the lifecycle of our customer engagement.
- Create measurable brand visibility and equity through development and ongoing content strategy and management of our website, materials, videos, events and collateral
- Train and develop all staff and partners in consistent and accurate use of brand and key messages
- Create and ensure the proper use of standardized branding templates
- Manage resource requirements (expenditure, human resource planning, etc.) necessary to deliver against the objectives.
- Lead and manage employees in the department, ensuring clear goals are established to ensure accountability for required results. Ensure individuals’ performance and development needs are met and employees are high performing and engaged.
- Produce reporting to inform management as to progress, roadblocks, and other relevant performance details
Note: These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. You may be required to perform other job-related duties as required
Qualifications, Required Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional knowledge and skills in all aspects of marketing, communication and brand management, including:
- Demonstrated record of success in developing, implementing, evaluating and iterating strategies and solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management.
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing brand / product strategies.
- Strong competency in media relations and familiarity with digital media preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English (additional proficiency in French is an asset).
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to translate these skills into operational plans, ensuring CATALYST with a competitive advantage and best practices.
- Ability to manage and lead change and to present ideas that motivate staff to strive for increased achievement of CATALYST’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to lead and inspire individuals, teams and coach and develop staff.
- Track record of good business judgment and financial acumen.
- Ability to gain the trust of others and foster collaborative and impactful relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability – both systematic and data driven analysis
Required Experience and Demonstrated Results
- 10+ years well rounded professional experience in marketing, communications, brand management and business development with experience and knowledge of working with SaaS based companies.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership and executive management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working on complex marketing initiatives with internal resources and external agencies.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required or commensurate experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the geospatial industry is an asset but not required.
- If you require special accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know in the message section.
- Your resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format with a max size of 10MB per document
- Name your resume and cover letter with the following formats
- Cover letter filename example: Jane_Doe_cover.pdf
- Resume filename example: Jane_Doe_resume.pdf
PCI Geomatics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, family status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.